New School

It's finally time for THE post and I am done with starting it with a humble "I know no one cares but" ...

because.... I am gonna pretend that I have 10 000 readers EAGERLY wanting to know how I feel about my new school. haha

IDK if I'd ever told people how badly I wanted to transfer back to my hometown but I swear I'd cried about this to a few of my close friends. 

Was Selangor that bad?
Honestly not. It'd be a huge discredit to my good colleagues I had accumulated fun memories with.

but I prayed hard. In one way or another I know deeeeeep down in my heart I wasn't ready to settle down in Selangor. Yes, even after four years.

It took me that exact time and a trip to Mekah to finally submit to Him that if I didn't get the transfer that I wanted by that year, then I'd accept it as it is.

I was letdown twice, on March and June. The March result really broke me, I was even called dramatic. I remember just crying a river in my car. Then, on June, only told Mak cuz I didn't think I could take it if I was ever called out for being dramatic again...

Naturally, I didn't expect to even get a transfer at all after that. Come what may. I became a changed person. I was even ready to take on the year after at the same school. I even told Mak that I wasn't gonna apply for egtukar for at least another 3-5 years. I wanted to start anew with stronger, bolder resolve.

and then BAM!

October came.

there was a chaos in the group chat asking everyone to check egtukar (Oct result was unusual btw) and ofc, being the new me with a new resolve who's finally ready to settle down in Selangor, I checked it without putting any mind to it. I even had the audacity to check it when I was in the classroom with my kids. I figured that if I were to be disappointed, I'd rather be disappointed surrounded by them.

but how wrong I was.... 

I gasped so loud in the middle of the class, my students thought I 'd seen a ghost.
Ran outside (which my students followed along like the ducklings they are haha), shooed them away and called Mak right there and then.

the rest is then a history ... of me not crying at all (until Kak Nad la naik pentas) haha but the whole weeks and months I was really happy :P

Now onto the main part of this post...

My new school?

It's cool. 
Haha

and hearing kids speaking in Utagha dialect felt so peculiar and quirky I had to hold my laugh a few times. Well, it's probably just an internal happiness.

and I felt very grateful for every moment.
still am.
Alhamdulillah

:)

No comments: