Ramadhan + being the eldest

Ramadhan Mubarak!

Alhamdulillah, we are now entering our fifth Ramadhan and I hope everyone is in fine fettle! There are vast differences between Ramadhan previously, compared to this year, but again it's expected. I was looking forward to how it was going to be conducted, and I learn better how it differs for everyone now.

With that being said, if we are living fine, with affectionate parents, or if we get marvellous food served on the table on time without any distress or worry over it, or for even having a roof above us, please, please be grateful and if we really do feel thankful then it all goes back to how we perform dutifully in this blessed and holy month.

Some have to put up with abusive family, which might challenge their mental while fasting, and that alone should give us so much room to reflect upon. we are grateful NOT bc others have it worse, but because Allah is testing us, the same way He's testing them. It is to see how far, or to what degree we are ready to commit ourselves to Him, be it in any way– sedekah, reciting the Holy Quran and more and more!– to show our gratitude!

Secondly, for me, I have now instantly become the eldest in the family with two younger siblings, one a princess, the other a prince (rolleyes). Usually, I would have my two sisters to help with the chores but one is married and the other is away in Australia and I realized how pretty laid back I was when they were around. 

now I understand them so much lol u____u

However, I have to admit that I am having fun with this role, maybe because the sudden rise in the hierarchy makes me freer to do what I want, instead of being told/ordered to do what I'd initially wanted to do. The latter used to annoy me so much, haha but oh, I was just silly. so yeah, I am kind of footloose and fancy-free now except that my commitments are much bigger, especially in the kitchen.

For my Ramadhan goals, I have a lot, and Alhamdulillah I am progressing very well! It helps better if we write our small daily goals before we start our day (preferably before Subuh) so we don't lose our direction, bc you know, we tend to get swayed anyway into doing lagha stuff, haha so yep!! inshaAllah writing down the goals helps!

I pray everyone is progressing the same too! It is never too late as long as you are still alive and kicking! May the differences in this year's Ramadhan impact us deeper and immensely boost our Iman. 

InsyaAllah, at the end of the day, we'll see the hikmah behind everything.

InsyaAllah🤲🏻

6 comments:

Azlyn said...

Happy Ramadhan to you, little kitchen assistant. May Allah accept your family and your ibadah. ☺️

Isma Ismail said...

wehhh awat aku masak ashik tak jadi.. T_T tolong bagi tips kakak sulung

farhan hasanah said...

@Azlyn aamiin! and you too Alyn, thank you so much for the du'a.

farhan hasanah said...

@Isma Ismail ahahaha mana ada aku masak, aku ikut arahan ketua chef je aka mak aku, hahahaha bold of you to assume my mom would let me near the raw food. TIPS DIA: jgn kedekut, bubuh segala benda hahaha

ray said...

I have always being the eldest since the beginning and I can definitely relate that.
But now that I'm away from them, I can't help but to feel restless since I can't be with them to help with all that I can.
You'll do great and I'm sure you're doing great.

farhan hasanah said...

@ray props to you!!! the eldest daughter is almost the second mother to the younger siblings tbh! and thank you for the encouragement hihi♡