PENANG Penang

It's not just Penang but PENANG Penang.
You know what I mean? the island?

Growing up I have always called the island side of this state as Penang. never Georgetown, Komtar or any specific name of place on that side, it's always just Penang ...until GALS came to my house and confused me.

so our conversation went like this:

me: we are going hiking in Penang tau. must go in the morning.
them: alright. then kalau pi situ pagi, pukul 12 we'll go somewhere else.
me: no cannot. The taman negara is in Penang. we won't be back by 12.
them: why not?
me: bc it's in Penang kot? Jauh...

now having that conversation typed into words, I could only imagine how ridiculous I sounded that day. I mean, they are not penangites so one out of other things they know about this state must be its name— Penang. therefore what they thought of when I said "Penang" is that the place should be near my house. and I oop-

I really had to sit down and process my thoughts that... okay... no wonder they thought that way! It's only us, penangites yang panggil that island side as Penang. They, on the other hand, see Penang as a whole one state. You get what I mean?

It's only us who call the island side of Penang as Penang! especially if you are from the mainland! I talked about this to Alyn and she also went "Oh ha ah la..." before Zul continued to ask, "Habistu mainland korang panggil apa?"

me: IDK, I have always just said balik rumah.

haha!

on a serious note, the mainland part is called seberang XD

One of hadif's picture otw to Penang.
(Ya.. even though he was already IN Penang. alright fine,
 I meant the island side of Penang haha ...or the uh.. Penang Island)

No comments: