How I Lost My IC

there's really no cure for carelessness. it's either you aren't born with it or it just sticks to you like an undying habit for the rest of your life. I am speaking for the people who tried to change this but failed, not once BUT MANY TIMES. like me. (prayer circle for us all)

last Saturday, I had a grocery day out with Kama in Mid Valley, and ugh of course, of course my confidence was high that I actually used my IC for lrt, knowing perfectly I could have lost it like how I lost all of his 4 step-brothers. I was thinking, ah... there's no way I would be That careless to let my own IC goes missing. the others are just what? two student rapid cards? two touch'n'go cards? no big deal. my IC would neverrrrrr

or so I thought.

until I was in front of the scanner heading back to IPBA when I stopped mid track and phew.... there it goes. I SUCCESSFULLY DID IT AGAIN. I think I am too immune with this kind of incident that I calmly said to Kama,

"Weh. IC aku hilang."

and there was Kama, standing at the other side of the scanner, panicking. I was like,

"Yes Kama, it happens every time"

She was so confused on how I could let my own IC goes missing and blergh.. again, I went telling her my history, the die-hard habit of mine- that if I hold something, and put it somewhere, 90% of the times I would forget to take it back from who-knows wherever I put it. but kama was still in disbelief,

"....tapi ni IC kot?"

gosh. how do I explain to her that someday even if it's a laptop that I lost, I won't be surprised...? (but Oh Allah please protect me. I can't afford another laptop..)

However, Kama was so keen on asking me to go back to check, when all I had in mind was to go home and, you know, maybe start planning on which day I would be free to create a new IC... but I couldn't bear seeing her holding hope that I could get my IC back, so I just ran my way to AEON alone and asked around, mouth reciting du'a, bc you know, you can never go wrong with du'a anyway, aaaaand nope. my IC was not in sight. at all.

not even by the next day when the aeon customer service told me the same thing.

the same day, I settled everything with the police bc I need their statement to create a new IC, right? and it was done very quickly! Berkat doa.

Told my parents, my parents weren't surprised. Told my friends, they sighed for me, with a note, "Again?", I cackled haha. Told Alyn, she wrote back,

"Akhirnya. Bukan phone yang hilang dulu tapi IC. that's better." -__-

is there a bet on me that I am not aware of?

Btw, here's one of the du'a we can recite if we ever lose something!

Sorry for the hassle that day Kama, love you.

No comments: