Volunteering?

Alyn told me, "we are not volunteering, we are paid LOL" ...right miss. I know, I am aware of that. but God, you don't need to say that out loud come on... 

*whispers* nobody's gonna know.

Alright jk of course people know. I at least acknowledge that I wouldn't sign up for this if not for the money (lbr I need it walaupun tak byk pun ya kawan-kawan) but to say it's solely because of that pun macam amboiiii? and maybe because it's been a few days now, it never really crossed my mind if I am getting paid or not (trust issue ahaha)

BUT, I know one thing I needed was to be productive. therefore this was the opportunity that I didn't wanna let go. Especially then when my social skill was like back to when I was a toddler. *shrugs* It's been so long right.... who is you, who are me, where are us? Eh eh hahaha

Besides, like I wrote in my last entry, the boredom was gobbling me up and if I didn't do anything about it ...I would have probably turned into a crazy wench who tweets tweets like "beKsiN agEndA yaHudi koWunx!!😤" OR "i love keraja*n😍"

so phewwwwwwww. good grace. *lap peluh*

For this work, I am stationed at the counter where most clerical work is done to confirm vaccinees' identities. There were times when we had foreigners from China and thanks to Alyn, now I am probably at level 1 in conversing in Mandarin (Kids, level 1 is just knowing nin hao right? *stares curiously* *gulps* No?) Anyway, the star of the day was Alyn who takes a weekly Mandarin class, not me so *claps claps* 

Moreover, I LOVE love my carpooling session with Alyn because we always have something to laugh over everyday (usually of everyone's banter of the day) and I care less about how I always gasp for air wearing my mask as long as I can let out my laugh... I guess. welps. not until we laughed over that, too, because I was half-dying for more air LMAO

Anyway, from this I am finally learning how to
socialize again, feel how to bear a commitment again, build my confidence around total strangersㅡ the hundreds of vaccinees I attended to and the other volunteers across all ages! and lastly, gaining all the experiences that this work offersㅡ whatever they may be :)

Lastly, may Allah always keep my heart full and steady and may He protect all of us from any undesirable situations that may harm us in any way. Aamiin!

I can't and I won't let people say "it's just that.... why do you have be so deep about it..." Oh, are you sorry that you are not sentimental enough to make a meaning out of every little thing you experience in life? because I am certainly not. even if I trip over a small rock and I feel like writing about it, I will. 

cei, tiber insecure and sensitip. 


Okay, may you only receive and hear good and happy things dear reader(s)!

Oh and please pray for my creative writing because I have been delaying my written pieces for what it's called a writer's block for a while now :(

1 comment:

thes said...

good for you to stay productive! it's been three weeks since my sem break and it was unproductive all day for me... must be a really good experience to volunteer at PPV...