Count Your Blessings

I am overwhelmed with the blessings I have in life right now. people say, count your blessings, and that's what i actually do, looking pass every bad encounters to just embrace the blessings showered upon me. so what if I feel like life is unfair to me about certain things? there are so much more to see (and count) other than just isolating myself in a shell of ungratefulness, uncertainties, anxieties and sadness.

Before, I had reached one point where I had no feeling to repress at all, my communication wall was blank. I really wouldn't have noticed it this sooner if my roommate didn't show her concerns. I wasn't depressed? (at least that's what I think) because if I were to be honest, it's all Science, like I am sure you have heard about hormonal changes? well? 

However, I knew that wasn't me, my hormones have been with me for so many years, they would never do me dirty like that (drama sangat!) so I kept praying and praying that May Allah guide me through, it was suffocating, I hated it.

and that's how it happened- I started seeing layers and layers of blessings I should have counted from the very beginning.

be it me myself, my family, my friends, the condition I am in. for I realise when I started to count, I turn more to Him to express my gratitude and gratefulness, and indeed, as He promises, 

"If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]" 14:7

He did, in a way that I see more and more about my life. I wouldn't dare saying that I would never fall into this shithole again, of feeling uncertainties and sadness, but at least now I know how to count my blessings.

After all, we are all humans He created, so we are gonna have all sorts of feelings- happiness, madness, anger, annoyed, sad, lonely ..all. He knows, that is why, to Him we should turn for the remedies, giving us more in return in ways we could never imagine. Trust me, everything will start to fall into its place once you count your blessings and be grateful to Him. As easy as saying Alhamdulillah!



No comments: