Sleepclumsyness

The clock was ticking,
beads of sweat were dripping down everyone's forehead, and Pak Cik snarled,

"Lain kali sakit bagitau awal!" as he drove through the bumpy road towards the nearest clinic in town that would at least take us 45 minutes to arrive.

The boys at the back were praying, as the girls in front were busy tilting Joshi's head so she wouldn't throw up in the van. I was sitting by the window when I looked back and found the boys were making jokes in between their prays, probably trying to calm everyone down. Silly. I was too sleepy to crack some jokes along so I placed my head on the window, hoping I could doze off to Pak Cik's speedy drive. 

We arrived and I made way for Joshi to get out of the van, with no intention of accompanying her at any chance given. There were already two girls volunteering themselves, and it was late at night. I desperately needed the sleep after two days of hitting the bed in morning hour.

Before I could get into the van again, the van moved... so I quickly held the door as it was moving while screaming

"Pak Cik jangan tinggal saya!!!" panic was evident in my voice. 

The van stopped and I heard Pak Cik mumbling something I couldn't register in my head.

As soon as I was trying to get in, the van moved again. I was furious. Still holding to its door while it was moving, I cried, 

"Pak Cik Saya Tak Nak Duduk Sini Saya Nak Balik, Jangan Tinggal Saya!!"

I was heard! 

Afraid that the van would drive away again, I quickly hopped into the van and as soon as I sat down, I looked up only to catch everyone worryingly staring at me, their eyebrows curled up.

There were at least a few seconds of silence before Pak Cik broke it with an angry bellow under his breath,

"Pak Cik nak kona bukan nak balik!"

:)

Told ya I was sleepy.

No comments: