Seeing Good in People

So I was sitting at the back of the car when I thought .. fuh I am such a horrible person. Here let met me tell you what I did.

Few days back, I (maybe) had little conflicts with some people (or maybe myself) and instead of choosing to be rational and quiet, I battled with myself and told my roommate about the conflicts I was facing. and ofc, my view was bias, now that I think of it, bc I was more to defending myself than actually explaining what happened. I was only based on my hateful feeling and I realized I pointed fingers to others more than reflecting myself. I had this thought at the back of my mind that moment,

'...ah enough of being kind..' so I told everything to my roommate, my dissatisfaction, their faults and more.

now back to me at the back of the car looking far into the jammed road full of Mercedes and BMWs when I finally realized that ...wow I am horrible.

I really shouldn't have done that.

One thing that I always pray to God is to always let me see kindness in people no matter how bad, or how much I dislike them, and God grants me just That.

Just right after that happened, I see more and more reasons to actually appreciate them, even though I dislike them in certain ways, but there are more cases where I am fond of them. and out of sudden, the words I had told my roommate echoed in my head, and I felt so embarrassed, to Him, and to myself.

One lesson I got from this is to always keep our mouth shut, especially when it's on the verge of bursting curse words, hateful remarks or worst, bringing up the kindness we did to someone, just bc we didn't feel appreciated enough. be earnest, and sincere. be kind, and loving. Istighfar when we accidentally cross the line. Trust me, you don't wanna lose your points!

No comments: