Motivational Talk with My Pupils

last wednesday me and my other two practicum mates were given a chance to have a pep talk with the year-6 kids. the odds were the teacher somehow found out about our result and decided that we were an opportunity he didn't wanna miss.

so there we were that morning, scratching our heads, sighing and burying our heads down the table trying to figure out what we were going to talk about. we were expected to talk- as to inspire. so tell me, how a mere ordinary 21 year-old like me would be able to pull that?

nevertheless I still walked into the hall through their flaming gaze towards the front. their glowing eyes traced me as if I were to drop some magical tips for them to score their exam. I thought I would crumble out of nervousness but omg lol it was a whole lot different from my expectation because sitting in front of me that moment were the innocent souls whose future is lying bright ahead of them.

Immediately I regretted that I did not prepare myself enough other than a short note I scrabbled quickly before that session (it's helpful still.) but time was up to ponder over it so I picked the mic and started.

and fuh.

I had never felt this confident in my life- being able to deliver my stories, quite interestingly to the kids with full penang loghat.

I believe the major factor was because I spoke utagha kehkeh. like... that was incomparable. it's like the wall was instantly destroyed with it. powerful. I could see how I wasn't disappointing the kids. At least I could tell how they were attentive to my loghat aka my talk. lol.

It was a good experience after all. Who wouldve thought that?

In case you are wondering, yes I was saying
 "hampa tau dakkkkkk"

No comments: