We had covid.

it's about time man.



so this was three? weeks ago when I went home for holidays and all of my fam members contracted this virus as soon as we got back from eating at Halab. At that point, we didn't care where and from whom we got it from because our whole kampung was down with it anyway so like I said, it was about time. Was I worried? Definitely. especially for my elderly parents. did I see it coming? Yes and No because we did try our best to protect ourselves too, but God had said "Kun"— be and it is. 

Mak was the first one to get infected and when she was down with it, none of us had symptoms or were positive. It was heartbreaking to us because we had to submit Mak to the hospital as her low oxygen level was worrying. (Thanks to my quick effort to go buy the oximeter as soon as we confirmed her case, yep! defo need that credit!) and so my holidays went by without my mom except for the first and the last few days of the holidays (it's a three-week holidays) 

and two days after Mak got admitted, everyone in the family was infected. what a chain. I took Panadol every 6 hours for two-three days and I became better Alhamdulillah. and I had fun supervising Abah because our friendly banter of me forcing him to take his meds was really hilarious (sometimes. well, until I got serious to counter him as he's always being playfully stubborn)

While I don't want to go through that again, I would say it was a healing experience for me, to remember Him, to remain steadfast in my faith and to grow even closer to my family through ibadah means. All we did was praying, connecting to each other for Mak.

when Mak came back, I was so happy, so grateful, so relieved. Many scenarios were in my mind when we were sending her off to the hospital but oh, God, thank you so much for choosing the best one to come true. Alhamdulillah.

and now Gee is quarantine-ing herself in the room as we speak. Do pray for her.

No comments: